Monday, October 15, 2007

I've finally met Kapitan ELY BUENDIA!

I had a best Saturday last week. Though it wasn't an out-of-town thing. After realizing that it's almost two that I haven't visited any Malls which I usually do (maybe because I've been into my normal cycle since my Mom was already here having an early Christmas vacation all the way from Dubai). Sa mga ka-officemates ko who's reading this, walang pang chocolates kc nga pasalubongs was sent via "package" by my Mom prior to her departure from Dubai.... hehehe!



I remember drafting an approval letter last Thursday so that the whole IT department would be allowed by our Management to report on Oct. 12 (during the holiday) instead of Saturday. As expected it was approved but with the provisions of keeping all things in order and all reports should be submitted.



Last Saturday, there I am enjoying myself inside Robinsons Manila (I tell you it's almost half-a-year since I was there). To my surprise (Damburskie, listen to this!!!) being set-up at the Atrium is the mini-stage announcing the Mall Tour of one of my favorite band "PUPIL". Yahooo! jackpot!



During highschool (hello to all GEAIS Batch '95 Alumni) though I was so involve in a youth ministerial works, I admire Eheads for the things that they are doing. I mean, they are just so simple wearing chuck taylor, industrial not-so dirty jeans, funny shades, etc. I wonder how they hooked everybody with their ordinary tunes that seems so famous among the youth. They caught everyone's attention!



Then I learned that some of their song's lyrics were being studied in "humanities" inside UP campus (where the band came from). Given that they have not formally undergone any formal music education, I am amazed and grateful being a part of Dekada '90 because of this band.



If I may just mention, I admire the main man of the Eraserheads...Kapitan Ely (as what the industry now call him!!) because of his simplicity in representing not only his group but moreso the Decade of 90's. I'm not an Eheads fan by the way (because I'm Gary V's fanatic hehehe!), but like in other things which surrounding us, I learned that being yourself can actually magnet everyone's attention. Without any effort (like Eraserheads), if we can try to be more contented for who we are, it's the best product that we can offer to the universe then it can result to gaining the respect of general others. We don't need to be a "conservatory music" graduate or learn all the aspect of life to be called geniuses, it's just maximizing what we have in life and enjoy it while staying who we are! 



God created us the way we are. Our uniqueness,
if we can just be contended and enjoy it as a person, it will set us
apart away from those who are "troubled discontended".



Ganda ng album ng "Pupil" wildlife! Band photo shot's are taken by the Philippines Master Rapper turned Christian Musician Francis Magalona....



You can check my friendster photo section to see my souvenir picture with now legendary OPM icon Ely Buendia.



Puntahan nyo mga lum kong blog entry:



pureenergy.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/



Anyway, welcome home Mom!



God bless everyone! Always do good!



TOMY

No comments:

Post a Comment